Stem Cell Therapy
Why Stem Cell Therapy?
If you have an injury, or if you have tendons or ligaments that have become inflamed, stem cell therapy may help. It uses your body's own stem cells to help heal damage. It may help you avoid surgery.
CONDITIONS REGENERATIVE CELL THERAPY MAY HELP
- Knee Arthritis, Injuries, Bone-On-Bone Conditions
- Hip Arthritis or Labrial Tears
- Shoulder Damage (Rotator Cuff or Tendonitis)
- Ankle Pain, Foot Pain or Planar Fasciitis
- Wrist or Elbow Pain
- Neck Pain & Osteoarthritis
- Low Back Pain & Osteoarthritis
- Many Other Degenerative & Arthritis Conditions
Ready to see some of Georgia's best pain prevention specialist?
Collecting and Injecting
Stem cells are found in your bone marrow and in fat. For this procedure, your doctor uses a special needle to take a small amount of bone marrow cells or fat tissue. Marrow is commonly taken from the bone of your hip, shin or heel. Fat tissue is often taken from the abdomen or buttocks. The sample is processed to collect stem cells. Then, the doctor injects them into the area to be treated.
After the Injection
The injection triggers your body's healing response. The stem cells help repair soft tissues. They can help decrease inflammation.
After the procedure, you can go home. Your doctor will ask you to come back to the office several times to monitor the healing process.